1. impudent or irreverent, typically in an endearing or amusing way.
1. workers or working-class people, regarded collectively
If you think you could put an 8*5 foot storefront gallery space to use, contact us!
It’s on Carrall Street between Hastings and Cordova, only a block from the Gassy Jack statue. It’s across the street from Pigeon Park, East Van Roasters and Nelson the Seagull. The space is zoned specifically for art, not for selling things. This means that your art can be for sale, but you cannot operate like a retail business, with customers walking into the space. Wifi and ceiling lights are available; if you need additional electricity, we can work together to figure out a fair charge for it.
Special considerations for people in the DTES and people working with local non-profits.
If you are interested, please send us an e-mail ([email protected]) with the following details:
1) How long you want the space for (negotiable)
2) What you want to do with the space
3) How does your vision embody The Cheeky Proletariat?